Administrative Support Coordinator - College of Business
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Department Name: College of Business
Job Number: MB2019-CB2525
Status: This is a full-time, temporary position for one year from the start date. This appointment may be extended and/or become regular based on operational needs.
Priority Screening Date: 06/26/2019
Recruitment Status: Apply today! Application Screening Begins June 27, 2019.
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
Under the general supervision of the Dean, College of Business, and lead direction from the Senior Administrative Analyst/Specialist, the Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for providing office support to maintain the administrative objectives of the Dean.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Office Support: Establishes and maintains strategic office management for the Dean and College by prioritizing and responding to daily routine communications. Provides primary responsibility for maintaining and updating the Dean's calendar, scheduling appointments and meetings as appropriate. Assembles and distributes information/documents and agendas pertinent to meetings. Provides work direction to student assistants and/or staff. Coordinates arrangements for travel; prepares and processes travel authorization, reimbursement and claim forms/documentation. Sorts and processes mail, identifies priority items for the Dean's or Analyst's review, and forwards other materials to the appropriate areas. Ensures that confidential information and required documentation are received, completed, and maintained appropriately.
- Academic Records and Standards Maintenance: Establishes and maintains a complex system of materials, documents, files and records for both physical and electronic materials, including student pay vouchers, reports, logs, and correspondence. Maintains, organizes, assembles, and /or summarizes information from office files or other sources for the Dean's use during appointments or meetings; assists with the production of reports, statistical data, brochures, flyers, and other publications.
- Program Support and Event Coordination: As needed, provides and supports the college and department personnel with planning and implementation of special events and programs, assisting with the creation and further development of College promotional projects to include special events publicity, College website, and other internet-based showcases. Compiles data on faculty, students and the COB certificate and degree programs and curricula at the undergraduate and graduate program level for these programs.
- Policy Compliance: Assists with a broad range of operational and procedural office and administrative problems, which may at times require research and evaluation of information for problem solving. Keeps abreast with academic and administrative policies and procedures, including those pertaining to travel, MOUs, expensing, faculty contracts, student petitions, matriculation policies and procedures. Ensures College compliance with all University policies, procedures, and regulations; supports student compliance with university registration policies. Maintains a system of easy access to all reports, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Administrative Support and Data Collection: Ensures Dean and Office of the Dean provide accurate and timely reports and documentation to the University. Assumes accountability for precision of communication regarding the College. Assists in tracking budget expenditures and maintaining balances and provides information/reports as required. Provides assistance for Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation documentation and support functions as directed. This may involve special projects such as data collection & compilation, and research relating to AACSB Accreditation & COB data needs.
- Customer Service: Independently and professionally greets and screens visitors, telephone calls, and mail, taking the required action or referring requests as appropriate; responds to questions from the general public, students, staff, and faculty about requirements, program status, individual services, and other information using tact and diplomacy. Serves as the point person for the office.
Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of: correct English, including grammar, spelling, punctuation and editing; office systems and ability to use a broad range of technology, systems, and packages. Detailed knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn applicable university infrastructure, policies and procedures. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
Ability to: quickly acquire a thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures; make sound independent decisions and recommendations based on current policies and procedures and a thorough analysis of current situations; independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects under strict deadlines; apply a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist; perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data and make simple projections; draft and compose correspondence and standard reports; effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at the highest level and those requiring strict confidentiality; address common and unique problems using reasoning and judgement to develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse, academic environment. Exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing, a professional, persuasive and tactful manner.
Knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite. These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite; Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar)
Previous experience coordinating, prioritizing, and maintaining schedule and calendar of meetings, appointments and special events for administrator/executive; arrange meetings and coordinate travel arrangements.
Experience in planning and executing events, including preparing agendas, taking minutes, ordering catering, and following up on action items.
Demonstrated ability to work in a complex department with the ability to prioritize work to consistently meet deadlines while faced with many interruptions and competing/conflicting priorities.
Proficient in the use of Oracle/PeopleSoft-CSU Common Management System or equivalent student and financial information system; intranet drives; and internet browsers.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information;
- responsibility or access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access; and
- access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards.
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Type of Appointment: Full-Time, Temporary
- Collective Bargaining Unit: Clerical & Administrative Support Services (CSUEU)
- Anticipated Campus Hiring Salary: Mid $3,000s/month
- CSU Salary Range
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
CSUMB offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, dental & vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. For more information, visit: CSU Benefits R07. Additionally, University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay provides access to affordable campus housing based on availability, visit: Employee Housing.
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/5138
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library (map). All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency