- Lecturer or Visiting Assistant Professor - Chemical Engineering
- Go to our website »
Lecturer or Visiting Assistant Professor - Chemical Engineering
The University of Texas Permian Basin's College of Engineering welcomes applications for a non-tenure track, full-time teaching position as a Lecturer or Visiting Assistant Professor in Chemical Engineering on a 9-month contract to begin August 2023.
$74,000.00 depending on qualifications
We seek individuals with a passion for teaching and a desire to engage students in the classroom and laboratory. Undergraduate classes in college typically range from 8-20 students. In addition, the University sponsors a range of developmental activities for faculty, supported by the Heimmerann Center for Engaged Teaching. Although this is a full-time teaching position, candidates are welcome to further their research by utilizing the College of Engineering's excellent experimental facilities and computational resources.
1. Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Chemical Engineering or a closely related field. Ph.D. for Visiting Assistant Professor and M.S. for Lecturer.
2. Ability to teach courses in the following areas: programming and analysis (MATLAB, Python), reactions and kinetics, chemical engineering thermodynamics, mass transfer, environmental pollution control, and applications of AI in chemical engineering.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
1. College-level teaching experience, which may include teaching as a graduate student; project-based or lab teaching experience.
2. Ability to teach in all areas of the program.
3. Experience with students' academic mentoring
4. Relevant industry and practical experience.
From The Department
The College of Engineering was founded in 2018 and offers B.S. in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, and Petroleum Engineering and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering. The College enrolls 460 students and has twenty faculty and four staff. The College is also home to the Texas Water and Energy Institute and the newly opened Advanced Manufacturing Center. The College is housed in a building that opened in 2019, with excellent facilities for instructional and curricular activities and research and development.
Required Application Materials
1. Cover Letter
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. List of References
4. Teaching Philosophy Statement
5. Unofficial Transcripts
6. Letters of Recommendation (Preferred)
Conditions of Employment
1. The job description is not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor.
2. Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance.
3. Once hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of the hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire. UTPB participates in e-Verify.
4. Employees must be able and willing to travel and perform duties away from campus as necessary and must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver's license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver's record.
5. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
6. UT Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Generally, the hours for this position are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 - 5:30 pm; Friday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm with a one-hour lunch. The individual holding this position may need to be available early morning, evening, and on weekends to meet the needs of the department. Hours worked may differ with some departments.
Standard Working Conditions
1. Able to lift various materials up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
2. Able to bend, crouch, and reach continuously.
3. Physically able remain seated, frequently to continuously.
4. Able to remain standing up to 15% of the time.
5. Possesses dexterity abilities required to perform job duties including extensive keyboard work, operating office equipment, performing filing, and other job-related responsibilities that include extensive wrist and hand movement.
6. Standard working conditions may differ depending on department and occupation.
1. UT Permian Basin offers an excellent compensation package including Heath, Retirement, & Fringe Benefits for employees.
2. Coverage includes Medical, Prescriptions, Life Insurance, AD&D, and matching retirement provided by UTPB for the employee.
3. You may also add Dental, Vision, Family, Spending Accounts, Additional Retirement, and a few other coverages as options too.
4. Fringe benefits include Tuition Reimbursement (after one year of service), Wellness Breaks, Employee Assistant Program (EAP), and meal deals, among other perks and discounts!
5. Our benefits package, along with an ample leave policy, make for a great total compensation package.
About the University
The University of Texas Permian Basin is located in Odessa, Texas. It was authorized by the Texas Legislature in 1969 and founded in 1973. The Permian Basin is one of the fastest-growing, culturally vibrant, economically invigorated regions of the country - full of industry, culture, and wide-open spaces. At the academic heart of this area sits The University of Texas Permian Basin - which every year, delivers smart, savvy leaders across the U.S.
As a regional, comprehensive institution, The University of Texas Permian Basin serves a diverse community of students from the region, the state, and beyond. Through excellence in student-centered teaching, learning, research, and public service, the University cultivates engaged citizens and impacts lives while advancing the technology and public interests of West Texas.
Our vision is that the University of Texas Permian Basin will be an innovative, responsive university that thinks large and lives local. We will lead in advancing education, research, economic competitiveness, and cultural enrichment.
Visit our social media sites below for more information.
LinkedIn Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube
Thank you for your consideration in today's job market. We look forward to connecting with you more in the future.
To apply, visit https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=10&JobOpeningId=9913&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-fe95c085fadf56418ee702d00ff1a6d0