Adjunct Faculty - Engineering Technology (Lakeland)
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State College, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This part-time instructional position is an excellent opportunity to help shape tomorrow's leaders. This position offers day or night teaching assignments located at one of our Polk County campuses or centers. We offer a collaborative, creative, and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the campus Dean of Academic Affairs, the adjunct faculty member is an important part of our academic community. The primary role of this position is to provide college-level instruction and academic-related activities designed to encourage, support and enable student success. Working closely with the campus Associate Dean of Academics and the Department Coordinator/Program Director, adjuncts are issued a part-time, temporary term-to-term assignment. This assignment supports self-paced hybrid courses within a directassessment and competencybased program that combines theory development with handson open lab assignments.
Adjuncts are paid at a rate of $34.38/hr.
- Teach Hybrid, Modular, Competency-based, Open-Entry / Open-Exit courses in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures, as well as Basic Course Information sheets.
- Prepare and submit timely grade reports and other reports on student performance as may be scheduled or required.
- Organize class activities and assignments, relating them to the overall learning outcomes of the course.
- Provide input and work with other faculty and staff to review, produce and/or select course-related materials.
- Monitor the open Engineering Technology lab and assist students in any Engineering Technology course.
- Extensive knowledge of the subject area(s) in which the individual is responsible for instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of effective communication and of effective instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics and challenges of community college students.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of curriculum development.
- Ability to mentor students learning in a modular, competency-based, self-paced degree program.
- A minimum of a Masters degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Technology, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering Technology, or Civil Engineering; or
- A Masters degree with 18 graduate hours in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Technology, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering Technology, or Civil Engineering.
Teaching experience is preferred.
- Background Screening: Reference checks and successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment, including third party Education Verification for all stated degrees.
- A completed online application consists of:
- an electronic job application,
- cover letter,
- current vita/resume, and
- unofficial transcripts.
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: When uploading unofficial transcripts, please redact any of the following items which appear on the transcript: Social security number, birth date, age, gender, and date of high school graduation.
- Foreign Transcripts: Faculty with international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). More information about NACES affiliates can be obtained at the NACES website.
- Submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer.
- Note : Relocation assistance is NOT provided for this position.
- This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, March 06,2020.
- Polk State College receives and reviews adjunct applications on an ongoing basis in order to pre-qualify applicants for future hiring needs on all campuses. Once a candidate's application is reviewed for qualification status and approved, the candidate will be placed in the Talent Pool and may be contacted for an interview in the future if a hiring need in that discipline arises. An offer will then be extended for a particular semester assignment and a campus location.
We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at Careers@polk.edu.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail Careers@polk.edu and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
01- OPS & ADJ
To apply, visit https://polkstate-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=1421
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency