Assistant Dean, Professional Programs
Job ID: 2022-11671
At the School of Engineering, we bring cutting-edge research into the classroom and educate students to be principled leaders who use their skills to serve others. Our graduates go on to become the go-to solution creators and thinkers in their field: from academia to government to private business. This position develops new on- and off-campus programs in partnership with local government agencies and companies. Direct the existing Engineering Management program, and coordinate other existing and new off-campus programs. Administer and support academic programs aimed at educating working professionals. Continuously develop Engineering Management program: maintain a pro-active student-recruiting program, continuously improve course offerings, concentrations, certificate programs, etc., and promote the joint degree program between the Engineering Management program and other graduate programs in the School and University.
- Build and nurture School of Engineering relationships with government agencies, industry, foreign embassies, foundations and other nonprofit organizations, other institutions of higher education both domestically and abroad, and local primary/secondary schools
- Develop strategies for increasing enrollment in existing School of Engineering master's degree programs by recruiting students from local government, industry, etc.
- Establish new master's degree programs in partnership with local government agencies, local industry, etc., and develop cooperative arrangements with other institutions of higher education
- Develop new student recruitment initiatives, at all levels but with particular focus on master's degree students
- Coordinate existing and newly developed off-campus graduate programs: serve as point-of-contact, work with School of Engineering department chairs and off-campus program partners to ensure appropriate course offerings, coordinate promotion of courses to ensure strong enrollment, and work with Dean's office staff to facilitate student registration, etc.
- Coordinate online degree programs and online course offerings: work with School of Engineering department chairs and CUA Associate Dean for Online Learning and Instructional Innovation to assist faculty in developing online courses, assist departments with developing online programs, and recruit students and otherwise promote Engineering online programs
- Foster industry collaboration with the School of Engineering: recruit corporate sponsors for senior design projects, corporate partners for faculty research grants, and corporate representation on departmental advisory boards; work with the office of Institutional Partnerships in University Advancement and the School of Engineering's Assistant Dean for Advancement to enhance corporate support for the School of Engineering; work with the University's Center for Academic and Career Success to expand undergraduate and graduate internship programs and enhance job placement of School of Engineering graduates
- Administer Engineering Management program: supervise office staff, review applications for admission to the program, schedule courses and assign instructors and classrooms, manage student records, prepare/oversee budget expenditures including lecturer appointments and classroom rental, coordinate advising and student registration, and oversee program website
- Direct academic content of Engineering Management program: review curriculum to assure offerings are current and academic approach is appropriate, supervise review of course content by instructors, work with instructors and others to develop new courses, and distribute results of student reviews
A Master's Degree (engineering management degree or other engineering degree preferred) and a minimum 5 years experience working in local government agencies or local companies, including a minimum 1 year prior supervisory experience or equivalent. Managerial, public-relations, and sales skills.
To apply, visit https://staff-cua.icims.com/jobs/11671/assistant-dean%2c-professional-programs/job?in_iframe=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d16b0c704696f64fad952cbafb002d52