- Clinical Assistant Professor, Surveying and Geomatics
- Go to our website »
Clinical Assistant Professor, Surveying and Geomatics
Pocatello - Main
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
This position will provide quality experience based instruction to Civil Engineering Technology and Surveying and Geomatics Engineering Technology students in the classroom, laboratory, and on-line learning environments. Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver quality, experience-based instruction and hands-on laboratory activities designed to prepare students for successful entry into the workforce
- Collaboratively work with program faculty, the Department Chair, and Technical Advisory Committee members to develop and maintain program curriculum
- Participate in professional development activities to maintain state certification and engage in lifelong learning
- Collaboratively work with program faculty and administrators to continuously assess and improve the program (this will include collecting data to assess student outcomes, participating in meetings to discuss and assess the quality of the program, and developing self-study reports for maintenance of ABET accreditation)
- Actively participate in departmental, college, university, and community professional service opportunities
- Recruit and advise Civil Engineering Technology and Surveying and Geomatics Engineering Technology students
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with business/industry and other employers
- Engage in research/scholarship/creative activity or program development activities as appropriate to assigned workload
- Master's degree in Geomatics, Civil Engineering (with emphasis in Geomatics), or related field with emphasis in Geomatics (Candidates who hold a Professional Land Surveyor's license and show evidence of substantial progress towards a master's degree with an emphasis in Geomatics will be considered, but any offer would be conditional on completing the degree within one year of hire)
- Licensed as professional land surveyor, preferably in Idaho or able to obtain license in Idaho within two years of hire.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a postsecondary Limited Occupational Specialist (LOS) certificate (or higher) from the Idaho Division of Career Technical Education
- Ability and willingness to teach online courses, and attend Quality Matters training
- Willingness to develop and maintain relations with industry members
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning and professional development
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Doctorate degree in a related field of study
- At least three years teaching experience at the postsecondary level
- Experience developing online courses with Quality Matters
- Experience teaching/delivering online courses
- Experience with program assessment and/or program accreditation
- At least three years of industry experience in the surveying field
You must submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to June 7, 2023. Salary will be between $63,000 and $73,000 per year, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Posting Number: req1934
Type: Working 9 months per year
Position: Faculty Non-Tenure Track
Division: College of Technology
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email email@example.com.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
To apply, visit https://isu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/1934?c=isu
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency