- Electrical Engineer, Lead
- Go to our website »
Electrical Engineer, Lead
About the department:
Purdue University continues on an exciting and unprecedented upward trajectory of growth. Working alongside a great team of engineers and technical experts, the university setting offers a wide variety of facilities engineering and project engineering experiences that allow engineers to be involved through the entire life cycle of projects and assets. Capital Asset Management is part of Administrative Operations, the organization that supports the university through safe, reliable and transformative services. Capital Asset Management is responsible for capital construction project planning, design and delivery. The department collaborates with architects, engineers, contractors, other internal Purdue departments and service providers to meet the needs of the campus community. The engineering group within Capital Asset Management is a team of dynamic experts that provides project engineering, facilities engineering, consultation and condition assessment services.
Join a team that strives to meet the needs of the university while supporting campus initiatives!
About this position:
This position acts as an expert resource for the electrical engineering portion of facilities projects. These duties involve providing design, analysis and field engineering support for projects and Physical Facilities programs. A successful individual in this role will be a PE licensed engineer comfortable with providing insight on key project decisions. This individual will be expected to work independently with limited supervision, utilizing broad experience and training to solve complex problems.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with all members of the project team through planning, design, construction and warranty
- Collaborate with project managers for resolution of engineering issues on projects
- Review and comment on engineering work from outside architectural/engineering firms
- Provide experienced post-project facility engineering consultation
In addition to project engineering, this position will provide design, analysis and field engineering support for select projects and Physical Facilities programs; facilities engineering support to operations and maintenance staff and other departments upon request; condition assessment support for the building condition assessment program; and support activities in conjunction with the development and upkeep of university design standards.
What you must have :
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology with electrical emphasis
• Minimum four years post-PE registration experience in the field of electrical engineering (equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
• Indiana PE or ability to attain Indiana PE within 90 days
• Design, analysis, condition assessment, project engineering and facilities engineering experience in building electrical systems
• Thorough knowledge of engineering principles and techniques of engineering planning; equipment and materials used in engineering operations; specialized subjects used in the fields of engineering, such as mathematics, statistics, mechanics, power, physics and chemistry; and strength of materials
• Ability to apply engineering principles to practical engineering problems; use engineering equipment and tools, including computer applications; to make, read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to relate abstract ideas to actual needs and adopt an effective course of action
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound engineering judgment and exhibit solid leadership to establish well-reasoned solutions
• Demonstrated ability to satisfactorily perform self-directed activities of moderate complexity with minimal engineering oversight, guidance, and assistance
• Analyze and design engineering solutions with limited engineering oversight
• Exercise seasoned professional judgment within a broad framework
• A valid US or Canadian drivers’ license
What is nice to have:
• Experience with electrical metering, arc flash analysis, short circuit coordination studies and lighting and power design
• Experience with energy efficient design concepts
• AutoCAD or MicroStation drafting experience
All university employees are offered a generous benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off and retirement contributions. As part of Purdue University’s expansive employee benefit package, the university is proud to offer employees and their families the opportunity to grow, learn and advance with a tuition remission opportunity at both Purdue University and Purdue Global.
• Learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary.
• Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
• A background check is required for employment in this position.
• FLSA: Exempt (not eligible for overtime)
• Retirement eligibility
• Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If this position does not fit an applicant's qualifications, try applying for our lead electrical engineer or principal electrical engineer positions.
Minimum of 4 years of experience
To apply, please visit: https://bit.ly/3KFGFRg
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency