This ad is expired.
University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Engineering
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $60,840 annually
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The proposed postdoctoral researcher hire is in industrial robotics. This hiring will benefit the university by increasing research output and benefit the scholar by developing her/his skills and providing experiences in robotics for future career opportunities. The postdoctoral researcher will work with a team of faculty members from the College of Engineering on enhancing the research on industrial robotics under the umbrella of the recently established Center for Intelligent Industrial Robotics (CI2R). The focus of the CI2R is intelligent systems design, automation, and manufacturing with an emphasis on using artificial intelligence techniques. The postdoctoral researcher will also work with a multidisciplinary team from the Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science Departments.
The postdoctoral researcher will conduct research on robotics applied to advanced manufacturing and automation. Areas of activity include (automated manufacturing, robotic system design and development, hands-on prototyping, programming, sensors integration and analysis, and intelligent process planning, and optimization for manufacturing. It is desired that the candidate have a research focus, evidenced through published peer-reviewed articles or thesis, in one of the following areas: (1) end-effector design and testing for manufacturing processes, (2) design and optimization of robotic systems and operations, (3) industrial robotics: design, path planning and programming, (4) manufacturing process automation, (5) Mechatronics (hardware, programming, and control), (5) Industrial intelligent automation, and (6) Modeling, simulation, and process optimization for robot-based operations. The successful candidate is expected to collaborate with faculty and researchers with the College of Engineering and mentor undergraduate and graduate students including those participating in the Vandal Robotics Club.
- A Ph.D. in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial or electrical engineering, or a field closely related to advanced manufacturing, robotics, and mechatronics.
- Experience in systems design, modeling, and simulation of automated or robotic processes.
- Experience in the application of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) modeling and robotic programming and control.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong self-motivation.
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with industrial manufacturing lines and work cells.
- Proficiency in programming in C/C++/C#, Python, PLCs and an established CAD/CAM software packages.
- Knowledge of mechanical design methodologies and design optimization.
- Experience with robotic system simulation software, such as Factory I/O, ROS and RoboDK.
- Knowledge of Artificial intelligence techniques such as machine learning, deep learning, and neural networks.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Occasionally, lift, carry and/or otherwise move heavy materials up to 50lbs.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: SP003666P
Posting Date: 11/01/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicants received by January 15, 2023 will receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency