This ad is expired.
Visiting Assistant Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering
Job No: 497281
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Civil & Environmental Engineering
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) at Bucknell University invites applications for a visiting assistant professor appointment in the 2023-24 academic year, starting August 2023. We seek individuals with enthusiasm for teaching and a desire to engage students in the classroom and laboratory on subjects primarily in the area of geotechnical engineering. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses with small class sizes (typically 10-35 students) that facilitate close student-faculty interaction in a hands-on, interactive learning community. The University sponsors a range of developmental activities for faculty, supported by a well-resourced Teaching and Learning Center. Although this is a full-time teaching position, candidates are welcome to further their scholarship by utilizing Bucknell's excellent experimental facilities and computational resources.
Candidates are expected to have an earned doctorate or be ABD in civil engineering, or another closely related field, at the time of appointment. Clear evidence of the potential for teaching excellence is essential. The ideal candidate would have teaching abilities in soil mechanics and advanced geotechnical topics (e.g. foundation engineering, slope stability, earth retaining structures, environmental geotechnics, etc.), as well as core civil and environmental engineering courses such as solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, or engineering computations.
Applications must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and personal statement (4 pages maximum). In the personal statement, applicants should:
experience, expertise, or plans in these areas; and
Applicants also must provide references upon request. Applications are only accepted through Bucknell's career site. Please go to https://careers.bucknell.edu/ to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, 9 month, faculty exempt position.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497281/visiting-assistant-professor-civil-environmental-engineering
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency