DATE: October 5, 2022
FROM: Human Resources
POSITION: (FT) - Assistant Chair - College of Business
Effective immediately: Assistant Chair - College of Business - Wilmington University.
Requirements: An earned DBA or Ph.D. in Business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Computational Science, Data Engineering, Information Systems, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or a closely related field, or ABD with completion within 12 months of hire date. Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in the areas of academics, curriculum development, program management. Must have excellent customer-service skills. Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and have the ability to work independently, but also as a team member. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Candidate must have a working knowledge of SharePoint, SmartCatalog, Website, Social Media, LMS/Canvas - Basic/HOT/Cyber, Synchronous online teaching tools (i.e. Zoom), student data systems/platforms such as: Recruit CRM, Advise CRM, Perceptive Content/Banner, Document Management, or similar platforms. Also, knowledge of R, Python or similar statistical and programming languages. The ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in any situation is required.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain required teaching load as specified by annual contract. Content Area Expertise -Teach courses within the College of Business primarily related to Data Analytics, including but not limited to Introduction to Data Analytics, Data Mining, Quantitative Business Analysis, Predictive Analytics, Forecasting for Business Analytics, Optimization for Business Analytics, Simulation for Business Analytics. Teach courses in other subject matter areas as assigned.
- Share in the leadership for undergraduate and graduate programs within the designated COB organizational chart.
- Excellence in Teaching - Manage, analyze and interpret measurements of student learning and program outcomes. Manage the development and redevelopment of course syllabi. Ensure that course textbooks and related instructional resources are current, appropriate and cost-sensitive. Assist with the development of online course templates. Assist program faculty in selecting and using technology to enhance student learning. Assist program faculty in using effective teaching strategies and establishing teaching/learning environments that are appropriate for the content/topic and that contribute to achieving expected student learning outcomes.
- Attention to Students - Examples include but are not limited to: ensure that contact information (e-mail, telephone) is readily available to students, make an effort to respond to calls and e-mails within 24 hours, maintain a personal work schedule and program presence sufficient to ensure availability to students, manage student issues, report student concerns and academic/grade appeals expeditiously, ensure timely submission of attendance (weekly), ensure weekly grading practices, ensure prompt and descriptive feedback to students, meet all grading and attendance due dates as required by the university.
- Commitment to the University - Examples include but are not limited to: maintain an active presence at University events such as Faculty Development Day, establish and enhance academic and professional networks, participate in activities that provide opportunities to share, collaborate, and network with practitioners, serve on College/University standing committees, participate and contribute to the work of the Faculty Senate, support University functions such as homecoming, athletic events, fund raisers, Open House programs, new student orientations, and graduate fairs.
- Professional Development/Growth - Examples include but are not limited to: ensure you are an expert practitioner in your field, actively complete all levels of PIE training program, ensure competence in the use of appropriate course management platforms, systems and processes such as Canvas, Banner, Early Alert, attendance reporting, adherence to grading standards and timelines, etc., ensure faculty teaching load adheres to contractual teaching load.
- Serve as the lead in special projects such as Adjunct Promotion processes, Adjunct tracking as it relates to attendance, grade reporting and student issues.
- Perform other work or responsibilities that support the institution's mission and vision as directed or requested by the university's leadership.
Hours of Employment: Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. Must maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the university and college. Teaching evening classes at multiple campus sites, as required. Occasional evening and weekend work or meetings; occasional overnight travel required.
Benefits: Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Training and Development.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
To apply click here.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency