- IT Systems Engineer
- Go to our website »
IT Systems Engineer
The IT Systems Engineer maintains the servers, computer systems, hardware and software, printers and scanners and other peripherals of the BTC users, ensuring that they run smoothly and providing technical support and advice to computer users by answering calls and emails. This position is included in the on-call rotation.
College will do an initial review of candidates Monday, February 27, 2023. Position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is selected.
Maintain, configure and ensure reliable operations of College systems and servers.
1. Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers and vitalization.
2. Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers and integrate automation processes.
3. Configure, support, and troubleshoot to different Cloud Technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and MS SharePoint.
4. Maintain, update, and administer Domain Services and Hybrid Email systems such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DCHP and Exchange Online.
5. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory and disk partitions as required.
6. Maintain, update, and administer backup systems for disaster recovery.
7. Configure, support, and troubleshoot to security platforms, anti-virus, and malware.
8. Provide support and assistance for endpoint management and deployments.
9. Develop, maintain, and document installation and configuration procedures.
10. Perform basic network troubleshooting and triage.
Provide technical support coordination, documentation, and administration functions.
1. Utilize the help desk work order system application to provide complete, accurate and timely documentation of all troubleshooting processes to provide status reporting as well as a historical knowledge base for trend and analysis.
2. Provide Tier 2 and 3 support for the ITS Help Desk service and operations.
3. Develop and present documentation and provide guidance to the management team regarding the status of server, application, or system problems. Escalate problems to the appropriate technical staff for resolution.
4. Provide backup and cross-functional support to the Infrastructure Team as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities.
1. Attend staff meetings, providing reports and proposals for consideration.
2. Attend training sessions, technical seminars and vendor demonstrations concerning hardware, software, and techniques with potential application for use at BTC.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of server installation, configuration, security, and administration.
2. Knowledge of endpoint administration and application deployments.
3. Knowledge and experience in applying patches and upgrades.
4. Knowledge and experience with scripting languages PowerShell/VBScript.
5. Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, and IIS, as well as server security and best practices.
6. Experience with Cloud Technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and MS SharePoint.
7. Demonstrated knowledge and technical skills in supporting network connectivity.
Education & Experience:
1. Associate degree in IT-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Two (2) years Windows Server and Cloud Technologies experience.
3. Technical certifications such as MCITP, MCTS and VCP desired.
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Blackhawk Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, or age in employment, admissions or its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to manage inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator/Equal Opportunity Officer, 6004 S County Road G, P.O. Box 5009, Janesville, WI 53547-5009, (608) 757-7796 or (608) 757-7773, WI Relay: 711.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency