Instructional Support Technician
Required Qualifications (As evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's degree or higher degree by June 2021. Two (2) years of experience maintaining laboratory equipment.
Bachelor's or higher degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering by June 2021. Three (3) years of experience maintaining laboratory equipment, Industry experience or educational experience. Experience managing procurement processes to include requesting quotes and processing purchase orders.
Budget management experience. Supervisory experience.
Brief Description of Duties:
Maintenance of all laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, power supplies, etc.) including the timely and regular calibration and repair of equipment. Acquisition of repair parts from manufacturers as needed. Set up of the laboratory workstations for each course and for each experiment, ensuring that all equipment and parts are available as required. Work with many professors as needed for their particular courses. The position reports directly to an Associate Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Research, evaluate and recommend Electronic Test Equipment to be used in the performance of experiments in the Analog, Digital, and Senior Design undergraduate laboratories.
- Request quotes and enter Purchasing Requisitions on the State Financial System website for the procurement of all test equipment used in the Analog, Digital, and Senior Design undergraduate laboratories and outreach lab in room 281A.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and repair or replace all test equipment used in the Analog, Digital, and Senior Design undergraduate laboratories.
- Update and maintain networked PC systems in laboratories.
- Purchase, distribute and maintain stock of laboratory kits and electronic components for undergraduate experiments. Manage a budget for lab supplies of approximately $50,000.
- Assist faculty and Teaching Assistants with the operation of the laboratory and associated lab requirements.
- Oversees the work of undergraduate and graduate teaching assistants, as well as work-study students.
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
Special Notes: This is a full time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100868&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency