This ad is expired.
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Northeastern University seeks candidates for the Operations Manager position. The Operations Manager will direct and coordinate primary operation, space, and facilities functions of the department and serve as the Department Safety Officer. Candidates should have experience working with facilities operations or in a laboratory setting.
The Operations Manager will direct and coordinate primary operation, space, and facilities functions of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, including:
- providing strategic and administrative support for space planning and related departmental planning activities
- serving as primary liaison with the university related to all departmental facilities improvements, upgrades, and operations
- directing or assisting with all activities associated with research laboratories and machine shops, including laboratory curriculum implementation and development; development of new or enhanced laboratory facilities; training and supervising students and visitors; providing supervisory, technical, and logistical support for all laboratory staff and graduate and undergraduate teaching and research assistants; managing planning, purchasing, and maintenance of laboratory equipment and software; leading all department safety, security, and sustainability initiatives, protocols, and policies, including serving as the environmental health and safety compliance officer for the department
- develop the operational infrastructure to support the department's strategic plan for space and curriculum and facilitate achievement for academics, experiential learning, faculty research, student projects, and university outreach. The position will regularly collaborate with the Computer Center for all IT related activities within the department.
- Bachelor's degree required; 4-6 years of experience in the field is required;
- Experience working with facilities operations or in a laboratory setting, preferably related to civil and environmental engineering, is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook); experience with Unix/Linux and civil engineering software preferred
Master's degree or higher is preferred; experience working in an academic or research setting is preferred.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/502225
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency